Austin Hackney United
Austin Hackney United (AHU) is the publicly branded identity of the Austin-Hackney Sister Cities Committee, established in March 2015 with the launch of the group’s new website — found at AustinHackney.com or AustinHackney.org — and next-phase development and engagement programs.
2015 Goals & Objectives
- Further formalize Austin Hackney Sister Cities Committee structure, responsibilities and functionality.
- Grow membership more methodically, in both Austin and Hackney, employing the use of technology.
- Establish a modest operating budget to enable implementation of annual goals.
- Launch the new AustinHackney.com website.
- Launch Silicon Drinkabout in Austin, a weekly happy hour gathering of the tech and creative community which originated in Hackney.
- Encourage initiation of a craft beer brewing exchange between Beavertown Brewery in Hackney and the Black Star Co-op in Austin.
- Promote and support Austin-side events run by Hackney Council (ie: Hackney House), UK Trade & Investment, London & Partners and other similar organizations during South By Southwest (March), the ACL Music Festival / Austin Startup Week (October), F1 Grand Prix (October) and at other times.
- Organize and lead a 2015 Austin delegation to Hackney as part of the Digital Shoreditch Conference (May)
- Support the music tourism promotional program of the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau, to the extent possible, and its strategic relationship with NME Media and the NME Music Awards With Austin, through the showcasing of Austin-Hackney musical collaboration projects..
- Support another installment of the Millennial Mentoring Program of collaboration between Hackney Community College and Austin Community College (Fall 2015 to Spring 2016)
- Continue to increase awareness, membership and participation in the Austin Hackney relationship.
- Support Austin companies and organizations seeking to find partners in Hackney or establish operations there (or, through Hackney, into the rest of the UK and EU).
- Support Hackney companies and organizations seeking to find partners in Austin or establish operations there (or, through Austin, into the rest of Texas, the USA and North America).
- Support expanded programming in London by 3 Day Startup.
- Help network into the relationship summer student/faculty exchange programs, as warranted.
- Find Austin collaboration partners for: Ravensbourne College, the British Irish Modern Music (BIMM) Institute, others.
Interested in joining us?
Complete the Contact Form below.